Updated My Journal (2018 – week20)

📈 Greatness! 4 days of vacation and all ongoing projects went forward.
AI now can equip the best weapon and armor in g2p. There are some issues with the item-slot as those are situational. Also I’m thinking of making it so that certain units prefer specific item even if better item is available.
On g2p2 chibis can pick up the ball and the field is somewhat defined. It needs work, but a good start. Early test version of the AI-module can be deployed soon.
And I started a new project. Unreal log parser written in ruby/sqlite. Very slow since by default all database writes are commits and not transactions. With the commits 250kb Onslaught takes 25min to process and only 2 seconds without, so there’s a lot to improve. I had similar slowness in ixbar3000’s parser too, but that uses different language so no help from there.

ixbar3000

  • ✅ Did I yet mention that the PC-98 metadata is done!
  • ➡ TODO: Backups, before something happens.

g2p

  • ✅ AI can now equip the best tech for slots 1 (weapon) & 2 (armor).
  • ➡ TODO: Figure out how to handle item slot 3 (when in doubt, randomize!)
  • ➡ TODO: Weighted behaviour matrix.

g2p2

  • ✅ Chibis can now pick up the ball.
  • ✅ Chibis can now throw the ball.
  • Playing field (not fully implemented)
    • ✅ field size => 50m x 70m.
    • ➡ TODO: Edge rounding, should look & behave more like ice hockey rink.
  • ➡ TODO: Tackling opponents.
  • ➡ TODO: Fix chibi spritesheet.

ixut (New Project)

codename:ixut. Yeah clever name, isn’t it.
At the moment it’s a very simple log parser, and extremely slow at that. Too many missing items to list for now. More info / progress analysis / comparison will be listed under the projects page.

extra

Finished FFX-2 – Last Mission

🏆 FFX-2 is an Awesome game, FFX-2 – Last Mission is a mediocre roguelike. Cutscenes were nice, but I just don’t like roguelikes. I got thrown out of the tower many times and the only way to load a game is by resetting it (gah)! Tonberry treasure was troublesome to get and once I got to the last boss, I was way overpowered.
Now I want FFX-3!

DeviantArt

For the longest time I added new content to my dA page. And to my surprise one of my works was seen 200k times! Sure for the internet it’s nothing, but for me that’s a huge number!

Updated My Journal (2018 – week19)

There will be no Friday update this week as we have a slightly longer weekend.

Progress so far: I’ve added some controls for the g2p2. 8 way digital and 360 degree Analog controls are now done. It’s also possible to dash, which at the moment will triple the player speed. On the ruby-project I’m having issues compiling the gem file since it required internet, but I contacted the author and he gave me the link to the compiled gemfile so I’ll try and install it that way. And yeah, that’s it.

Updated My Journal (2018 – week18)

📈 Aah yeah! Another good week. Most projects progressed and I actually finished the 2k grind with PC98. On godot I concentrated more into g2p2 since I’m working with a friend and we need to cover some common-ground.

ixbar3000

PC98 integrated to ixbar3000.

The PC-98 grind is finally done! Doujin games are not in, but I need a break from this. I really don’t like booting into Vista.

  • ✅ PC98 Metadata + images done! Woo! Totals: Snaps 2109, Titles 2139
  • ➡ Not everything, but vast majority does load!
    Other
  • 🔧 Windows joystick bug fixed.
  • 🔧 Linux canvas loader fix

g2pg2p

No progress here, but here’s a screenshot!

g2p2200 chibis!

I made a stress test to see how many characters I can spawn before my over decade old laptop can’t cope with the awesomeness!

  • 0-100 ~60 fps
  • 100-200 ~60->30 fps

It looks cool! and even better in-motion.

extra

SMAC OST RIP

I finally ripped the Soundtrack from Alpha Centauri. This one was tricky. Apparently the track-data is midis with instruments loaded from the included wav’s. So midi-like, but not midi. Thus none of my audio programs could open the files. The soundtrack is also dynamic, It changes depending on the current situation (Battle, calm, city found).

So What I did was:

  • Moved all combat sounds to different directory.
  • Started audio capture.
  • Started game with a faction, idling ~5min.
  • Played normally ~20min.
  • Exit game.
  • Stop recording and convert to flac.

Rince and repeat for every faction that has different BGM. 5 factions have unique tracks. Gaian, Hive, Believers, University and Spartans. Morgan and Hive share the same. Alien Crossfire factions have no new tracks. Then there’s 2 non midi music: Menu music and Alienbgm6.

Not the best solution, but better than nothing.

Finished FFX-2

🏆 Siding with new yevon this time made the last trophy tick.
Though I kind of want to continue with my NG+ team: Lulu + LeBlanc + Sabotender!

Ruby

Played a bit with ruby. If I ever start with the stat-log-parser thing, I’d need a language. Basic proto is already done in tcl, but I might do this in a new language. Personal growth thing. Ruby seems ok. Although I have very bad memories of a ruby -project. The language isn’t that bad. It is similar to perl and tcl so learning this shouldn’t be too hard.

Next…

Yes, much progress was done. This is good. Now that the major grind with ixbar3000 is done I can concentrate on fixing bugs & usability. godot projects should have some progress: 1 item equipping and 2 AI rules and Game rules. I’ll probably do some more research on ruby too. And on FFX-2 Last Mission begins (Iutycyr Tower)!