📈 Greatness! 4 days of vacation and all ongoing projects went forward.
AI now can equip the best weapon and armor in g2p. There are some issues with the item-slot as those are situational. Also I’m thinking of making it so that certain units prefer specific item even if better item is available.
On g2p2 chibis can pick up the ball and the field is somewhat defined. It needs work, but a good start. Early test version of the AI-module can be deployed soon.
And I started a new project. Unreal log parser written in ruby/sqlite. Very slow since by default all database writes are commits and not transactions. With the commits 250kb Onslaught takes 25min to process and only 2 seconds without, so there’s a lot to improve. I had similar slowness in ixbar3000’s parser too, but that uses different language so no help from there.
- ✅ Did I yet mention that the PC-98 metadata is done!
- ➡ TODO: Backups, before something happens.
- ✅ AI can now equip the best tech for slots 1 (weapon) & 2 (armor).
- ➡ TODO: Figure out how to handle item slot 3 (when in doubt, randomize!)
- ➡ TODO: Weighted behaviour matrix.
- ✅ Chibis can now pick up the ball.
- ✅ Chibis can now throw the ball.
- Playing field (not fully implemented)
- ✅ field size => 50m x 70m.
- ➡ TODO: Edge rounding, should look & behave more like ice hockey rink.
- ➡ TODO: Tackling opponents.
- ➡ TODO: Fix chibi spritesheet.
ixut (New Project)
codename:ixut. Yeah clever name, isn’t it.
At the moment it’s a very simple log parser, and extremely slow at that. Too many missing items to list for now. More info / progress analysis / comparison will be listed under the projects page.
Finished FFX-2 – Last Mission
🏆 FFX-2 is an Awesome game, FFX-2 – Last Mission is a mediocre roguelike. Cutscenes were nice, but I just don’t like roguelikes. I got thrown out of the tower many times and the only way to load a game is by resetting it (gah)! Tonberry treasure was troublesome to get and once I got to the last boss, I was way overpowered.
Now I want FFX-3!
For the longest time I added new content to my dA page. And to my surprise one of my works was seen 200k times! Sure for the internet it’s nothing, but for me that’s a huge number!