Updated My Journal (2020W43-44)

ART : In order to get more time I had to cancel or at least postpone one long term plan. I ordered my very first synthesizer. That has been one of my dreams since I was a kid. Not sure how much I can actually use that device for, I mean I haven’t done any publishable art this year!
SKILL : JLPT is near and I seem to lack knowledge in vocabulary and grammar. That’s no good, but there’s still some time.
FIT : I was measured with this tanita-test and I also did a fitness test where they draw my blood to get some lactate values. The results were devastating: I’m in poor shape and fat! And for the next 12 weeks I’ll be doing some serious lifting as I have a new gym program.
SW : The creator of gmp made a patch for me! I requested a feature to store tags to files and now there’s a patch for that! Amazing. I still have to test it’s compatibility, but if all goes well then I can deprecate prismriver and start using gmp. The mainainer of utstatsdb did not answer yet so I might have to do same php-hacking myself.
PS : Got few trophies for my B-Spec driver and won one of the rally events. All that remains now is grind (~700 cars and ~50 paints) and the super difficult challenges. I think I’ll pass on those. On FFXIII-2 I reached the last chapter, and got lost to the damn Academia AF500 3D-maze! So I got out and went to Xanadu for some chocobo racing instead.

The Integration continues…

Updated My Journal (2020W41-42)

Finally I have something to report. Very niche in it’s impact, but personally I’m very satisfied now.

Project: UTStats recovery

Installed Ubuntu 14.04 to a vm so that I have php5. Imported the databases to check if my stats were accessible and they are!

Now this is in vm, I had some issues during init and I didn’t verify whether it actually parses the logs, but seeing this after so many years makes me happy!
Next phase is to update 3.06 to 3.09. The newer version is by a different developer, but should wotk with php7 and has some additional improvements too. Install guide does say that “If you are upgrading from UTStatsDB 3.06, a new installation is highly recommended, rather than attempting an update. If you do perform an update, rather than a new install, certain special event data like player headshot counts may not be transferred to the new database structures.”. So how to go on with this? Maybe I should install 3.09 to a new vm and see what’s different in the database structure. And write a simple export/import sql query. Maybe it could be on gitlab. Maybe I should fork this to gitlab (I have plans).

Other

While installing Ubuntu on vm I also installed Terry Davis’ Temple OS (vm), quite the experience. It’s only 16M, so it can remain on my system, but I don’t know what do do with it.
I might get a new synthesizer. I’ve been wanting one of those for a long time. It costs a lot so I have to sell some stuff before I can justify the purchase.

Updated My Journal (2020W38-40)

My backup plan’s 1st stage is done but it’s far from done. I still need to merge many sources into one and that’ll take few months or so. JLPT4 application forms sent. Sending that form is a process itself, hopefully I didn’t make any typos there. There’s one important thing I’m lagging in alot and might fail. Ah yeah, I sent questions for few programs I use and hopefully I get those resolved. Should it happen I’ll brief ya.