Updated My Journal (2021-09) Q3


I Acquired the necessary new hardware to access the old harddrives and finally I can get rid of very old harddrives. My plans for the devops-cluster is lagging behind as I can’t buy the necessary parts, but they have to be built from scavenged parts.

I should try to rip SMAX and apply the linux patch. Maybe it’d be easier to just install it on a XP-vm.

A lot of time was put to gamedev and music. There’s a arcade game where I collaborete with a artist, so I can offload my time there to music. I did few tutorials on blender since the GUI has changed drastically and none of the knowledge I had worked. While doing this I also experimented with the blender-godot-pipeline and was able to import one mesh into godot.


★☆☆🟨 [DevOpsCluster] Ok. So I didn’t get all the parts. Need to make the power cables.
★☆☆🟨 [Ancient Relics] Now in progress. Got a new drive and have dismantled several old 2-100G PATA Drives.
★★☆🟨 [Backups] Progressing nicely with Ancient Relics.


★☆☆⬛ [SMAX] No progress.
★☆☆🟨 [UTStatsDB] Old stats are functional in vm.
🟩 [Wiki] Done! [Q1]
☆🟩 [GMP] Done! [Q2] gmp is the current choice for linux music player.


★★☆⬛ [ixbar3000] No progress. (TGT: MacOS Support, use gitlab)
★★★🟩 [Godot] Minimum: 4 released demos. Several demo-projects in progress. (2d-anim, 3d-techdemo, suomiprojekti, arcade)
★★☆🟨 [Godot] Optimal: (TGT: Take the best demo and finish it). This will be the arcade-demo: Pajatso.


The daily grind continues.

★★★🟨 [Fit] Got rid of some fat, still far from the cooper distance.
★★★🟨 [Fit] Minimum: 97kg, Sub 20% fat w/ 2300 cooper.
★★★🟨 [Fit] Optimal: 93kg, Sub 15% fat w/ 2600 cooper.
★★☆⬛ [JLPT] No progress.


Did few arts, also I learned that Krita is now available on android. It wasn’t so few years ago. I did install it and the next work should be done ith it. I’m thinking of retrying a Bob Ross tutorial if it has a knife tool. That tool was lacking when I tried last time and things didn’t look good at all.

In addition to painting I got some 3d modeling done with blender. A donut tutorial was done and I also modeled a car. The latter was used to test the pipeline to get assets imported to godot. Way too many vartices for what should be optimal, but it’s good to know that I’m able to use blender somewhat.

On music I finally found a place to upload my music. There should be link in the sidepanel soon. Not much musical ability displayed yet, but atleast there is a start!

★★☆🟩 [Painting] Minimum 1. Done. [Q1]
★☆☆🟨 [Painting] Optimal 6.
★★☆🟩 [Music] Minimum 1. Made few demo tracks. Nothing to boast about.
★☆☆🟩 [Music] EP worth of tracks.