Updated My Journal (2021-01)



[GMB] Started using gmusicbrowser. So far it looks like it’s exactly what I want: lighweight and powerful. And a website that doesn’t do the player justice. The developer seems to care about the project. One thing that will eventually decide whether I’ll end up using this is a stress test. How many songs can it handle before it starts to behave poorly. I could generate 1000000 songs of silence with length of 1 second, then load them all to see what happens. The main issue would be the tags as the songs would need proper randomly generated artists too. And this takes time…


[Godot] I started on two tech demos! One with more strategic approach and the other could be a metroidvania styled game. I also wrote small script to automate the export process. The main issue with these will be the lack of testers. I did get one friend to install one and the export seems to function. But to what direction should I take this?


[Painting] I finished a work on Mimi of Metal & Lace. Reaching minimum goal for the year!

Plan for year 2021

Ah a new year has arrived and I updated my plans. I still need to set the resolutions of these a bit sharper than one year. Atleast for the ones that can have it. Stars represent priority, boxes progress.



★☆☆ [DevOpsCluster] All necessary parts are acquired. What remains is to hack the FW, assemble the units and install software. Easier said than done as I need help from some HW guys.
Target 2021: Finish this.
★☆☆ [Ancient Relics] My old machines might be too old for anything useful.
Target 2021: Get rid of junk, make backups.
★★☆ [Backups] Last years Project:C was completed in time. But I need more robust system for this.
Target 2021: Plan what to backup and how & where.


★☆☆ [SMAX] I saw that it’s possible to run Sid Meyers Alpha Centauri on modern OS’s! This is something I need to test and know it if actually runs.
Target 2021: Verify execution on Linux.
★☆☆ [UTStatsDB] A fork of the previous utstatsdb was done. As my old utstatsdb-system were destroyed in ubuntu upgrade, I started making my own ixut to replace this, but if I get this fork to run, it’d be even better!
Target 2021: Convert 3.06 -> 3.09, Add new matches.
[Wiki] Friends want me to install wiki on server. Shouldsnt be too difficult. This would potentially help us to coordinate projects and junk-management.
Target 2021: Install + configure.
[GMP] As I stopped using guayadeque since it corrupted my files! I’m hopping between foobar2000 and gmp, but I need to use gmp more /w backups to see if I can use that permanently.
Target 2021: Use this not fb2k.


★★☆ [ixbar3000] It’s been awhile since I updated this (too busy with things). But maybe I should check whether there are some regression bugs. And I have MacOS now, so that’d be something I need to check.
Target 2021: MacOS Support, use gitlab.
★★★ [Godot] This is the mystery part. My gamedev has been stalling for some time now, but I still wan’t to make something. This time I’ll keep it simpler and commit to demos.
Target 2021 (min): 4 released demos.
Target 2021 (opt): Take the best demo and finish it.


★★★ [Fit] I need to get sub 20% fat, add muscle and endurance. Unfortunately this will eat a great chunk of all other projects, but it is a necessity.
Target 2021 (min): 97kg, Sub 20% fat w/ 2300 cooper.
Target 2021 (opt): 93kg, Sub 15% fat w/ 2600 cooper.
★★☆ [JLPT] Well last years JLPT was cancelled so this year I’m facing the choise of JLPT4 and JLPT3 again. Especially N3 would sap a lot of time.
Target 2021 (min): Qualify for N4.
Target 2021 (opt): Qualify for N3.


★★☆ [Painting] Last year I managed my 1 piece minimum target. This year I will continue.
Target 2021 (min): One piece.
Target 2021 (opt): 6 pieces.
★★☆ [Music] I have the synth now, but I haven’t pnything yet. This is something I need to do. I might need to install that free software for the mac. It might make things easier.
Target 2021 (min): 1 Track.
Target 2021 (opt): EP.


☆☆☆ [ixgym] While this would have been nice addition for my other ways to track my progress, it takes too much time and as such it’s not worth of it. I’d rather produce something for the world to see!
☆☆☆ [Prismriver] foobar2000+gmp combo replaced this. Kivy was way too slow for the database I planned anyways. Cancelling this on too.
☆☆☆ [g2p], [g3p], [g3p2] All my previous godot projects are now officially cancelled! I might port some or atleast scavenge the graphics.
☆☆☆ [ixut] Since I discovered the forked utstatsdb ixut became obsolete.


My presence on the internet has not grown at all! :D
deviantArt: 59 Watchers, 27.5K Page Views, 257 Deviations
Twitter: 20 Followers

Updated My Journal (2020W04-05)

Alright. Guayadeque is corrupting my oggs again! This time it’s not every ogg, but some. Which is improvement for sure, but it’s still unacceptable! So I’m back with my foobar2000 from year 2006.

Godot 3.2 was released! This is really cool as it seems to have few things that were buggy or missing in the previous ones. I only tested for few hours, but so far I like it!

I also added some added security for my server. Basically I blacklisted every country, but the one’s I’m occasionally in. The daily blocks dropped from 10000+ to 250.

And my new rig seems powerful. I ran hardinfo’s benchmarks and it got No1 spot of all of my machines! The bottleneck is the CPU and in emulation that might be a problem.

And last, imxn is finally in verified https://! It’s possible to use the http:// also, but I might redirect that soon(ish).